By default, the basic elements on the job pages are set to the language based on your browser language and/or location. You can change this to 14 other languages: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish or Turkish. You can also offer 2 or more languages, a subtle language switch will then appear at the top of your job post. You can decide per job which language(s) you’re offering.
The language switch automatically translates:
- The text in the apply button: ‘Apply now’.
- The job type in this job, like ‘Full-time’.
- The standard ‘Our website’ URL in the footer.
- All the English texts in the application form, like ‘Personal info’ and all the field titles.
Using multiple languages
- Go to your settings (top right corner).
- Click ‘Company details’.
- Then click 'Languages' in the left menu bar.
- Enable multiple languages - if they aren’t already - by switching the toggle.
- Go back to your dashboard.
- Click ‘Edit’ to edit an existing job post or add a new one.
- In the top menubar, you’ll find a language dropdown. Click ‘Edit languages’.
- Enable the languages you want to use by switching the toggle in the ‘In use’ column.
- Choose a default language. This language will be always shown by default when someone visits your job post.
- Click ‘Save’.
- Your job editor is now set to one of your activated languages. The language switch at the top of your editor tells you in which language you’re currently editing.
- Switch the language by selecting another language in the top of your editor.
- Change the text and hit ‘Save changes’.
- Click ‘Preview’ (the eye icon) to view your job post. In case you’re using multiple languages, there’s now a language switch in the top menu bar. It’ll always stay visible, even when scrolling down.
Want to get rid of an activated language? Follow these steps:
- Click ‘Edit’ in the job post you want to change.
- Choose ‘Edit languages’ at the language switch in the top menubar.
- Switch off those languages you don’t want to offer anymore.
- Hit ‘Save’.
- Choose ‘Save changes’ at the top right corner.
Notice that your translated texts of the languages you just de-activated, will still be saved. When activating a language again, your translated text will show up again.